Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry

Government Holkar (Model Autonomous) Science College, Indore (M.P.), INDIA

(NAAC Accredited "A" Grade College)

Established: 1891

    Thought of the Day    

" In a gentle way, you can shake the world ""

~ Mahatma Gandhi ~

    About us    


The first stone to graduation in Pharma Chemistry was led in the year 1992 with efforts of  Dr. K.K. Chaturvedi.  Department  got separate identity in year 1999-2000. The first session was started with the  strength of 120 students. Dr. Maya Rani Jain headed the department as first HOD in 2000-01. In  July 2007 department shifted to red building (Mathematics wing) and A separate lab was allotted for UG named as Charak lab. In 2008 the Department send proposal to M.P. Higher Education to start PG in Pharmaceutical Chemistry. A separate lab was allotted for PG named as Dhanvantari lab.

In 2010-11 department got permission from M.P. Higher Education Bhopal and affiliation from DAVV to start PG in pharmaceutical chemistry vide order no. 2012/77/ AUISHi/YO/10.06.2010.

Since than the Department is successfully running UG & PG courses with appreciable no. of students.